Welcome to this special midweek episode of Purple Row Radio!
On this edition, Andrew and I discuss:
- Matt Reynolds, Franklin Morales, Rex Brothers and the state of lefty relief depth in the organization.
- Reminiscence of Garrett Atkins in the late 2000s.
- More thoughts on the fifth starter battle, as Andrew explains why he's more impressed with Greg Reynolds this Spring than Esmil Rogers.
- The amusing trivia behind the Clay Mortensen acquisition.
- The effect the amassing of mid-upper tier pitching talent at the AAA level of the Rockies organization will have over the next couple of years.
- Why Rogers and Reynolds are both lucky this starter battle won't mean the end of a Rockies career for the loser due to rules regarding free option years.
We'll be back on our regular schedule this Monday 3/28 with our end of the Spring show. The following week, on 4/4, we'll begin our discussion of the regular season. As always, please post anything you'd like to see us talk about in the future.
There is an iTunes page up now, but it's been acting a little wonky so for now I would consider subscribing at the website above more reliable.